Monday, July 19, 2010

Glenn Beck's Blind Ambition

Call me cynical, but this latest announcement from Glenn Beck reeks of opportunism. Glenn Beck told an audience in Salt Lake City (if you're going to make up a wild story, Mormons are a good audience):



"A couple of weeks ago I went to the doctor because of my eyes, I can't focus my eyes...he did all kinds of tests and he said, 'you have macular dystrophy ...you could go blind in the next year. Or, you might not.' I said, did you just charge me a thousand dollars for knowing what I knew my whole life?"

Just for good measure, Beck threw in some of his patented crocodile tears.

So Beck has set it up so that he can go blind. Or not. According to his doctor, he "might not" go blind. Of course, Beck isn't going to act privately about his health like some other more noble, famous people (see Dean Smith). He's going to go out there and squeeze every inch of sight out of this turnip. Just one more way to reel them in. I know he has some sort of Kool Aid, Doomsday scenario planned. I just hope to God it's not going to occur in front of the Lincoln Memorial.

I'll admit, I shouldn't be so harsh. Perhaps he will turn out like Saul/Paul. God will make him blind only to remove the "crazy" scales from his eyes so that he can become a liberal and lead Democrats to the Promised Land. Plus, if he does go blind, for he and his audience, it will truly be the blind leading the blind.

No comments:

Post a Comment